Day 2 of the 31 Day Blogging Challenge! 20 Facts About Me
1. I’m obsessed with game shows on TV. I watch The Price is Right, Let’s Make a Deal and Wheel of Fortune just about every day.
2. I have one younger brother, twin step brothers that are the same age as me, and three step sisters, all older than me. I’ve only met one of my step sisters, though.
3. My husband and I used to “build” four wheelers. We would buy basic atv’s or really wore out, crappy ones and make them into something amazing. One of them (the purple and black one) won a competition for being the “showiest” bike. Here are two before and after pictures.
4. Whitlee’s middle name, Alyzabeth, is my middle name also. Yes, mine is spelled that way, too. I was named after my great grandmother, Elizabeth. So our little girl is named after me and her great great grandma.
5. I’m a beauty school dropout. I went to cosmetology school at night and worked during the day and the place I went ended up cancelling their night class, so I’ve never finished. I think about it sometimes because I was pretty good at it. Their cost has gone WAY up since I went though, so it would cost a lot of money for me to finish and I have a great job totally unrelated to cosmetology.
6. My husband and I have seen every episode ever of Dexter and Nip/Tuck. Dexter was our fave! We’re pretty into Revenge, The Walking Dead and Justified, too.
7. I took my first pregnancy test when I found out I was pregnant with Whitlee in a gas station! In my defense, it was brand new so it was extremely clean. I wanted to see if it was positive before I drove all the way home because I wanted to go buy some tiny shoes to tell Nolan with.
8. I got my first wakeboard for Christmas last year (2013) but still haven’t gotten to ride it because I was pregnant with Whitlee before summer time rolled around. Nolan has rode it though. (It was technically both of our gift, but I picked it out.) You can see it in this picture. It’s neon yellow and purple.
9. I did rodeos for the majority of my life as a child. All the way up to my early 20’s. I ran barrels, did pole bending, a little bit of roping, and rodeo queen contests. I’ve been Miss Rodeo blah blah blah Queen all over this part of Texas.
10. I was also a cheerleader. Shocker, right? I ended up quitting cheerleading for rodeo in high school though.
11. I like beer. I’ve never been a fruity drink kind of girl. My favorite is Corona Light with a lime and salt.
12. I graduated from high school a year early. So I was only there for 3 years. I took high school classes in junior high and ended up with enough credits to get out an entire year early.
13. I’m extremely accurate with a handgun. It’s like the only thing I’m as good at as Nolan. Like I mentioned before, he’s skilled at like everything he does. It’s ridiculous.
14. I’m two years older than my husband, almost to the day. Our birthdays are a week apart.
15. I have a YouTube channel of our four wheeler builds (see number 3) and rides we’d go on, that has over 800,000 views. Here’s the link if you’re interested. We sold everything and stopped riding when we bought our house. We plan to get back into it again one day. It’s an expensive hobby, though.
16. I love to read. My favorite authors are Dean Koontz, James Patterson and Lauren Weisberger (she wrote The Devil Wears Prada).
17. My birthday is September 28. Nolan notices the clock almost any time it says 9 28.
18. Our nephew couldn’t say Aunt Jaime for the longest time, so he called me “Nae Nae”. It stuck and now most of my husband’s family only calls me Nae Nae. Including Nolan lol. It’s serious business when I get called Jaime.
19. Ooh random! So I rodeo’d most of my life. But plot twist – I’m highly allergic to horses! We always knew I was allergic to something I was around at rodeos, but never knew exactly what. We just always made sure we had benadryl with us. I was finally allergy tested a couple of years ago and I’m most allergic to horses. Plus 8 other things like mesquite, mold, wheat, and a bunch of weeds and trees.
20. Whitlee has the same exact crib that Nolan and I both had as babies. We actually tried to track down either one of our original cribs, but they’d been passed around our families too many times and can’t be found.
Whew! That was harder to do than I thought it’d be. 🙂