This Week So Far


Message from my BFF Sunday night

Monday – 1st day of daycare for my sweet girl and 1st day back to work for her momma. Whew.. Sooo.. the daycare in our town doesn’t take babies until they’re a year old, so she goes to daycare near my husband’s work (literally like a quarter of a mile from him, but 30 minutes from home). Whitlee normally eats at 6AM, 10AM, 2PM, 6PM, and about 9:30PM. I have to leave for work at 6:45/6:50 to be there at 7 (yes, lucky, I know.) The plan was to get up at 5AM and get ready for work, feed her at 6AM like normal and we’d have 45ish minutes for her to eat, get a clean diaper, clean clothes and ready for the day. Nolan doesn’t have to be at work until 8, so there’s really no reason for him to get up that early, so I try to let him sleep until his alarm at 6:30. Well she had other plans. She was awake at 5am which is when I needed to be getting ready. Thankfully, at first she was just laying in her crib, talking away. (seriously a d o r a b l e) About 5:30, she started crying because she was getting hungry and just wanted to be held. So I let her sit in my lap while I finished getting ready. She likes to hold my makeup brushes while I do my makeup. Hashtag Girl Mom! Then she ate and just wanted to be held, so we snuggled for a little while.


I headed out at 6:45 and they headed out about 7:15. I told Nolan to make sure she wore a bow, and he sent me this picture of her all ready for her first day!


I called the daycare at lunch to check on her and they said she napped until 9:30, ate her whole bottle at 10, and was currently napping again! Perfect!! I was really worried she’d refuse to eat for them or refuse to nap or just cry the whole time. But they said she had been smiley when she was awake and was doing wonderful. I was so excited to see her when she got home and she immediately smiled at me – that made everything okay. I’d been reading horror stories about babies that wouldn’t smile for their mom after being away all day, and some that said their babies wouldn’t even look at them for hours.

Tuesday – We attempted the same plan of attack of me getting up at 5AM, feeding her at 6AM, and then take her to my mother in law’s before work. Well if I thought Monday was rough going, Tuesday was over the top. She started out by basically sleeping all night but woke up at 4:30AM, ready to eat. I did what I could on getting ready for work while Nolan tried to comfort her for a little while, but I finally had to stop and feed her and then had to finish getting ready one armed because once again, she just wanted me to hold her. Nolan absolutely helps when he can, but I think she’s a serious momma’s girl right now and sometimes only I will do. I can’t say I hate it when she does that though. We checked on her at lunch again, and my mother in law said she was doing wonderful. She slept until 10 and ate her whole bottle, then cat napped a little around 12. When I got there to pick her up, she was asleep and continued to sleep until her bottle at 6! We took advantage of the warm weather and went for a walk in the stroller and she was all smiles for me but too quick for the camera.


So obviously her morning routine was not working anymore. We talked about it and decided to move everything up by an hour. She apparently wakes up at 5 now, so we’re going to try eating at 5AM, 9AM, 1PM, 5:30PM, and 9PM. We played all evening, then started her bedtime routine at 9 instead of 9:30.

Wednesday – I got up at 5AM and actually had to wake her up to eat. Of course she’d sleep once we rearranged her schedule… But I fed her at 5, then rocked her back to sleep and layed her in her crib while I got ready for work. I was actually able to get ready and eat breakfast without her crying. I went to tell Nolan bye and he was standing at her crib in the dark, patting her trying to get her back to sleep. I asked if she was crying and he said no, but that she was just rolling around in her crib. She does that when she’s sleepy, but can’t get settled. So I flipped her light on and we sat there and talked to her for a little bit before I had to leave. She was so smiley and happy, just babbling away. That was much better than hoping she sleeps until 6 and having her just want to be held. Because trust me, if I have a choice of getting ready for work or loving on my girl – bet you can guess what I’ll choose. Every time.

So hopefully this schedule works a little better. She seems to enjoy daycare the most but it’s probably because there are other babies and lots of toys and fun things to look at. We’ll see how it goes the rest of the week before we call it a successful week. If things go as smoothly as this morning, I think we can do this. Otherwise, I was seriously questioning whether I was doing the right thing by being away from her and jacking with her morning routine so much.

Tomorrow is my Friday so I’m counting down until my 3 day weekend with the little munchkin!


2 thoughts on “This Week So Far

  1. I’m glad to hear your week is going well so far. I’m sure it’s quite the adjustment to have to get ready for work and care for Whitlee now, I’ll be finding that out myself in a few weeks. I kind of have a plan in mind but I have a feeling I’ll end up having to re-adjust based on how Mackenzie reacts to being woken up. Right now she’s usually up at 3am and then between 6-7am but I have to leave here by 6:30am to get her to daycare and to work by 7:30am.

    Enjoy your 3 day weekend and the extra time with Whitlee! 🙂

  2. I’m glad daycare is going well! Clara likes the new toys and other babies too. Its hard to get into a morning routine with her. Some mornings she will sleep through the alarm and I can get ready, and some mornings she wakes up and I spend time with her before taking a 5 minute shower. 🙂

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s