Turns out, I’m a little better at just posting a mishmash update instead of trying to schedule some sort of routine-like postings. 🙂
- I decided to do bumpdates for the new little baby every 3 weeks. It was a little insane trying to make sure I got a new picture each week with Whitlee and it seems like a lot of my updates were the same since they were so close together, so 3 weeks sounds more do-able for me, plus I don’t have to wrangle Whitlee once a week while we snap a bump pic.
- Speaking of the new babe, I had my first ultrasound yesterday, measuring right on track and then just after they told me since it was so early that they may or may not be able to see a heartbeat yet, we saw the sweetest little flutter and heard a heartbeat! 6 weeks today. The first ultrasound always makes it seem very real to me. I love it.
- We just got back from our vacation in Orange Beach, Alabama and it was such a good time, complete with our little daredevil going down water slides by herself, lots of playing in the beach sand, mama getting a little jelly fish sting on the first day, good food (ohh, the food), souvenir shopping, and watching our baby girl experience the beach life for the first time.
- We’re in the throws of potty training right now and tonight, Whitlee pooped in the potty for the first time. Well Nolan walked in and saw it and said, “wow! that’s a monster turd!” And then Whitlee was suddenly terrified of the potty and “monster turds”. It was so funny and so insane and it took forever to get her not scared enough to use the potty again.
- I scored a vintage Jenny Lind twin bed for Whitlee a couple weekends ago for $50. I’m still so freaking stoked about it. I have been searching e v e r y w h e r e for one because we couldn’t stomach the price tag on the one at Land of Nod.
- Whitlee is so sweet about the new baby. She loves to lay her head on my stomach and she’ll pat it gently or give it kisses. My heart!
- She’s also talking consistently in small sentences. She seems so big! You can ask her “what’s in your tummy?” and she says “roni!” (macaroni), then say “what’s in mama’s tummy?” and she says “baby!” and then ask her “what’s in daddy’s tummy?” and she says “umm, BEER!” She’s too much. My favorite phrase right now is probably “watch, daddy!” or “Whitlee do it.” and of course “love you, mama.” 💗
A few pictures from Orange Beach