When I was little, we lived in a house next door to my grandma and grandpa and then we moved when I was in first grade (I think). I don’t know what would be the earliest memory… my mom can maybe chime in and let me know chronological order of things but I do remember a few distinctive things from when we lived in that house.
– I was a serious homebody and didn’t want to stay the night with anyone. Seriously, I wouldn’t sleep over with any friends until I was like 12 or something. But I remember staying with my nanny one time while my parents went somewhere for a weekend maybe? What I remember is my mom giving me a little picture of her and my dad in a little red frame. I still have it.
– I remember getting into ants by the propane tank in our back yard. Seems like I remember that happening a few times, actually.
– I remember going to my Nanny and Pawpaws lake house a lot. What’s crazy to me is they sold that place before my brother was born so I never went there older than 5 years old but I was able to drive right to it in my early 20s just from the memory as a child.
– I remember my first horse – Trigger.
– I remember we had a cat that didn’t really have a name, and we had a dog named Heidi.
– I remember stepping on a snake outside my great grandma’s old house with my cousin. I screamed and my dad and Uncle Lamar came running. I was so freaked out. It ended up being a king snake, basically harmless. (pfftt.. harmless… right..)
I have no idea which of these memories happened first and I have no idea how old I was for any of them, I just know they were all fairly young. If I had to guess I’d say the little red picture frame happened first because it’s the fuzziest in my mind! I’m curious to see what Whitlee ends up remembering as a child. 🙂